1st Choice Solutions proudly offers mold remediation as one of its many services. We know and understand that mold lives naturally in homes and can be more than likely found in damp surfaces. While some damage is easily detected by sight and smell, much of it can also grow undetected between the walls or underneath floorboards of your property. Mold left uncontrolled and untreated can quickly multiply and grow to treacherous and unhealthy levels that can negatively affect your health- targeting infants, elderly people, pregnant or nursing women, as well as individuals with asthma or low immune system. The longer mold festers, the more difficult it is to remove. The sooner we can do the cleanup, the faster we can get rid of it and restore your property.
If mold has invaded your home, we are here to help. As a restoration company, we are here to guide and advise you on what to do when your property is in trouble. To begin, we advise you to know where moisture is coming from. As stated previously, mold starts and sprouts where there is moisture- outside and/or inside of a property. Mold has been known as an invisible intruder because although a surface may look clean and safe, mold can be attacking it and one might not even know it. The next thing to look for is the size of contamination. This is crucial because it will give our technicians an idea of what they are dealing and working with. As a homeowner, it is also important that you document the damage. We advise you to take pictures and videos that thoroughly show all the damage the mold has done.
Documentation as such also helps us by telling us:
- Where the problem lies, and even where it began
- What has been affected
- What needs to be cleaned up and/or restored
- Whether it is a health hazard.
The last thing that documentation tells us is whether relocation is necessary. There have been many instances where mold is left to grow so vast that whole properties become affected. When this happens, we urge clients to temporarily relocate to a safer and cleaner location while their properties are being restored.
Important Mold Facts
- It is everywhere – Mold can be found both indoors and outdoors. It is through moisture that it produces a strong and musty odor.
- When mold is present, it can stain in different colors – when people think of mold, they assume that it is either green or black in color. Mold can actually appear in a variety of colors, sometimes making it hard to detect whether or not it is mold that you are looking at.
- If mold is ignored and left alone, it can grow into a much bigger problem. It can not only destroy personal property but also contaminate the air you breathe- becoming a health hazard. In a nutshell, mold can produce allergens and irritants that can cause health effects.
- Because Mold spores are tiny and move through the air, they can come into your home through windows and doors. In many instances, these spores can also make way their way into a property through very unexpected ways; mold spores can also come in through clothing, pets, and other unthinkable ways.
How we restore your property
First, we take care of the damage that may be causing moisture to rise in the property. Taking care of this issue at the beginning of the process allows us to prevent mold from returning and/or preventing its continual growth.
Part of our restoration also includes isolating the contaminated area. Isolating a contaminated area helps us prevent other areas of the home from being contaminated or damaged.
We also suppress dust and make sure that all affected materials- personal belongings, furniture, and household items for example- are either cleaned, sanitized, restored or simply thrown away.
We make sure that all nonporous items, like wooden furniture, is cleaned and protected.
Our main priority is to get the affected cleared and cleaned up as fast as possible to prevent further damage. What allows us to help and restore a property comes from our experienced technicians and, of course, the high-quality equipment that we use.
What about all of your belongings?
There is only so much that can be saved when mold affects a property. As your number one restoration company, we guarantee to save as many of your belongings as possible. The items, for example, that cannot be salvaged will be bagged and carefully removed from the property. You do not need to worry, however, because our experts have been doing this for the past 12 years. Which only means one thing: they know exactly what they are doing, and if any of your belongings can be cleaned and saved, we will do it for you. Our qualified remediators have the training and experience to identify what absolutely needs to go in order to restore your home to a safe place. With your help, not only will we be able to identify and care for your belongings but also get your property up and running-just leave it all to us!
If you have had a water or plumbing leak at home or work, you should be concerned about mold and should reach to contact one of our inspectors here at 1st Choice. We will provide you with efficient inspectors that can perform professional testing to help you determine the severity of your problem.
Choose 1st Choice Solutions today and let us take care of your mold. We offer upfront estimates and phone consultations while also having uniformed and trained technicians ready to be at your door to help! Here at 1st Choice, your satisfaction is what matters.