Cooking is a wonderful hobby and skill that many people enjoy, but that doesn't mean it still isn't dangerous.

The majority of home fires originate in the kitchen, typically when the homeowner isn't following proper fire safety protocol. Avoid letting your home in Lombard, IL become another statistic by abiding by the following fire safety tips.


   1. Never Wear Loose-Fitting Clothing While Cooking.
        Loose, dangling sleeves can easily catch fire if they come into contact with electric burners or open gas flames on your cooktop. Prevent this from happening by.         rolling your sleeves up, or opting for short, tighter fitting clothing.
   2. Never Leave Your Cooktop Unattended.
       Open flames can easily spread out of control if you aren't monitoring them carefully. Always keep a close eye on your stove top, and make sure to turn it off before.         you leave the room.
   3. Never Store Food Items In Your Oven.
       It's not always easy to see the inside of your oven, so you're likely to forget about any items you may store inside it. Accidentally preheating an oven while food.         items or other not-oven-safe objects are inside is an easy way to cause fire damage.
   4. Never Throw Hot Grease in the Garbage Can.
       Your trash bin is full of combustible materials that a grease fire can feed on. Proper grease disposal tips typically involve waiting for the oil to cool down before.          disposing of it in a separate, metal can.
   5. Never Keep Combustible Materials Too Close to Your Cooktop.
        Keeping your countertops and cooktops free of clutter is a great way to prevent kitchen fires. Flammable objects, such as oven mitts, can easily be knocked into.         burners and catch fire.

 Practicing these proper fire safety tips is a fantastic way to keep your kitchen safe while cooking. It's easy to forget that many cooktops use open flames, and must be treated carefully in order to avoid disaster. If your kitchen does suffer a grease fire, or any other type of accident, it's important that you contact fire remediation experts as soon as you can.

I had a pipe leaking in my wall in my laundry area. 1st Choice came and opened up the wall, took my washer, dryer and laundry tub out of the room. After a plumber fixed the pipe, they came and pulled up the carpet and dried out the room. I was very satisfied with that part of my ordeal.

Ron. M.

All of the employees I dealt with were polite, on time and did great work. They cleaned up after the job and would highly recommend them.

Nancy. O.

What they say

We believe that each one of our clients deserves the very best of us and we go the extra mile to make sure that happens.

Related POsts

5 Things To Know About Mold

Professional Mold Remediation Teams Can Help!

Read more

Have a Plan Set to Minimize Water Damage During Construction

Building a new building? Do you have a plan to avoid water damage during construction?

Read more